Our International Patients staff works to ensure an exceptional private healthcare service dedicated to caring for patients and visitors from all over the world.
After receiving the access to treatment or second opinion inquiry our International Patient Office always strives to pledge that all the steps are handle cautiously and efficiently. We are dedicated to grant a prompt reply to our international patients.
The International Patients Office team coordinates all aspects of patient visits to the center, including managing medical consultations, coordinating medical admissions, and assisting during the treatment execution.
To evaluate the eligibility of your clinical case to hadrontherapy treatment we require copies of the following medical documents:
- Consent to personal data processing for the assessment of the clinical case according to the Personal data management note below
- Copy of medical report from the referring doctor (if any)
- Treatment plan of previous radiotherapy, if any
- Copy of histologic outcome
- Copy of diagnostic imaging, reports and images,(CT, PET, MRI, Bone scintigraphy)
- Updated and detailed clinical history
- A cover letter of the referent physician, preferably not exceeding 3 months, that contains the following information: diagnosis, tumor stage, non-oncological history, detailed oncological history, therapies in progress, drugs, comorbidities
- Any other document useful to evaluate the case.
The documents have to be in English, up-to-date (not older than 3 months), essential and informative.
Personal data management note
We hereby inform you that the personal data you will provide to Fondazione CNAO will be used for the only purpose of carrying out a preliminary assessment of the clinical case submitted.
All the documents and information provided are necessary for the correct evaluation of current clinical condition of the user/patient.
No other use of the communicated data will be made, unless expressly requested and consented.
All the data will be deleted after 30 days from receipt, unless the feasibility of the hadrontherapy treatment has been established, in that case the patient will receive a specific consent form for sensitive data management.
For the purpose of the evaluation, the data will be processed exclusively by clinical staff, in accordance with the provisions of the European Data Protection Regulatory Framework.
If the personal and sensitive data are provided on behalf of the patient we need to receive patient’s permission to send the documents, the authorization to process personal data and patient and delegate passports copy.